IRISH FASHAHOLIC

Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

22/12/2013

My Big Day - 2

'Preparation. Going to the Chapel'

In my second post coming up to our first wedding anniversary, these are the images of the fun we had prepping. From waking up to a gorgeous champagne fry-up provided by my Dad & Mum to pampering time in the salon for all the girls at Sobe Brown. I had two wedding dresses. My first was a vintage dress from 1940 and I felt that vintage or bridal styled hair would look too cliched. So I was happy that my talented sister Aisling, who is a hairdresser, was able to do a more edgy look for me with a huge quiff and a pearl hair clip my Mum surprised me with that she had kept from my Confirmation...my 'something old'.

My favourite memory from this part of the day was the car ride to West Cork with my Dad in the Rolls Royce with my Mum and bridesmaids behind. I had drunk a little too much champagne so I had to stop in a small village on the drive to the country and beg the shop assistant in a garage to let me use their ladies room. I hope you enjoy the pictures. My next post will be our party pics and my second wedding dress xo






Pictures: Virginia Thomas / Chemistry Photography
Hair: Aisling Kelleher (sister) & Pamela Morrisey at Sobe Brown
Makeup for Wedding Dress No. 1: Roisin Hurley
Makeup: Bridesmaids: Clare Leamy
Bridesmaids: Aisling (sis), Vivienne (bestie), Clare (bestie), Yvonne (Timmys sis)
Grooms Suit: Salingers
Flowers: Jill Wild Floral Couture
Champagne Breakfast: My Dad, Anthony & Mum, Eilish
Vintage Wedding Dress: Bella Bleu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...