IRISH FASHAHOLIC

Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

07/02/2014

My Bump's First TV Appearance


I was honoured to be asked to appear on RTE's 'Today Show' here in Ireland last Monday to model maternity wear.  My go-to stylist who has helped me source looks for hosting shows and attending events in the past is Natasha Crowley from F Stylists. Natasha really gets to know her clients so she always pulls individual looks for me that are a mix of high-street and vintage and often with a cool or creative edge. Natasha was doing a slot on the show for Opera Lane, our city centre shopping district that houses stores such as H&M, Tommy Hilfiger, Topshop, River Island, GAP and many more and I was so chuffed when Opera Lane were in touch about the slot. Natasha wanted to showcase casual and dressy looks for expectant Mums while proving that you can mix maternity wear with main line pieces to maintain a great look with a growing baby bump.
I had such a fun day, starting with a lovely pampering at Peter Mark Hair Salon in Mahon Point who gave me 5* treatment to start my day on the right foot. It's so great that they are open on a Sunday and Monday as it's hard to get hair appointments for shows or events on these days. I also met Jeanette Cronin, the gorgeous and bubbly singer (above) at the salon.
When I headed to the TV studio, I met up with Doctor, ex model and new mum, my Californian friend Sarah Mello who was modelling with us and we headed to the studio for fittings. How amazing does Sarah look, only 4 weeks after giving birth to her second son, baby Luke! Here we are in our first looks, great casual pieces from Opera Lane. I love stripes and Converse so felt really comfy in this first look paired with boyfriend jeans. I bought the kimono Sarah is wearing here afterwards from H&M, it's only €30 and I thought it would be a great investment for pre and post baby.




Natasha (left) and Julie (right) from Opera Lane were the perfect hosts backstage and really looked after us.


I bumped into my old friend, award winning hair stylist Pamela Morrissey who is the in-house hair stylist for the show's presenters Maura Derrane and Daithi O'Sé. Pam is shortlisted for an Image Magazine best hair stylist award and has styled the locks of some of the most well known business women and celebrities in Ireland. It was lovely to catch up with Pam and chat about bumps and her beautiful daughter Rachel.


We had a quick makeup refresh with Kate Noonan. Kate again is one of the best makeup artists in Ireland and enhances the faces of the show's hosts every day. Kate's sunny personality and great TV advice relaxed us all immediately and we were ready to go!

We had great chats with presenter and national heartthrob Daithi O'Sé about his pending new arrival. His beautiful wife is expecting this March so we had fun swapping pregnancy stories and baby plans with him before rehersals.


This was my outfit for pottering about in comfort during the day off camera. I love my New Balance 420s from Urban Outfitters. I have stocked up on lots of trendy commuter flats like these for when my bump gets bigger over the next few months! If any of you have more maternity wear tips, please send them my way: irishfashaholic@gmail.com.

If you are expecting, see the TV slot and gorg maternity wear here: http://www.rte.ie/player/gb/show/10249242/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...