IRISH FASHAHOLIC

Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

15/03/2014

Styling My Bump


6 Months Pregnant

I have received lots of emails from followers asking for Maternity Wear pics of how I'm dressing my growing baby bump but as I love photographing other people, I haven't been 100% comfortable posting lots of 'selfie' posts or stories about myself. I'm six months pregnant today and the sun is shining outside so I'm going to make the effort and start some regular posts about bump style for my last trimester!

Getting pregnant in my early 30s, I thought everything would be hard about pregnancy and I admit I was a little scared of getting pregnant at all. Women unfortunately love to share their pregnancy horror stories, so having listened to one too many of these over the years, I was dreading the 9 months ahead the day I found out I was having a little sprog. However, being pregnant has been one of the most enjoyable times of my life. I have had no sickness, just crazy tiredness at the start but since week 12, I have more energy than I have ever had. My skin is flawless for the first time in years and not drinking alcohol for 6 months has me in the best mental form I have ever been. Even my husband claims that I am more fun to be around. As cliched as it sounds, I feel blessed and privileged to be growing a little human and I'm enjoying every symptom, hurdle and moment.

In my first Maternity Style post, I am championing dresses. For the past fortnight all I feel comfy in is a smock or tea dress and leggings. I have tried maternity jeans from every high street brand and maternity shop and not one pair feel comfortable, maybe it's because I'm a size 12 and 5ft 10 so the proportions of the cut are always wrong on me.

I haven't bought many maternity specific clothing to be honest as I find it all so dull and safe. I have been buying a size up from my usual size on the high street and some special pieces from ASOS maternity then for occassions or events. I haven't been using fake tan either and have been buying all natural shower gels, body lotions etc to avoid any nasty chemicals getting at my baby. I hope you enjoy the first post xo

Dress: Topshop Maternity
Gold Beetle Necklace: River Island
Ankle Boots: New Look
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...