IRISH FASHAHOLIC

Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

18/09/2014

Fashion Week Series: Sweet Sweet Vanilla

Being on maternity leave is THE worst thing for a shopaholic like me. Erin, like myself, is happiest out and about meeting people and visiting places so in keeping her on the move, I have more time than ever to visit my favourite independent boutiques...and my monthly clothing budget is getting seriously stretched!
Burgandy tunic I bought today for only €65 from the Mouvance label from Paris

Today we visited a really fantastic independent boutique called Vanilla in Fermoy, Co. Cork. The boutique is located just off the main street in the town next to a nice little parking area which was ideal for a new Mummy like me to pull up and fly in hassle-free, with the buggy. This little boutique is my style in a nutshell - fun, daring, on trend and with lots and lots of character.  It is next to impossible to visit the store and leave empty handed with so many great labels, stunning accessories and really great shoes.

Print tunic €65

I came away with the above burgandy print tunic which will be great with tights and boots for Winter, a cute polkadot midi skirt that I'm going to wear to Cork Fashion Week and the navy box jumper below that I can't wait to wear with both skinny jeans or even a skirt to contrast pretty with its edginess.

Navy boxed jumper from French label Mouvance €60 with motif and stud detailing

Why do I love shopping here? Well, Vanilla customers (as you can see from their Facebook page) are customers who know their style, are not afraid to try something different and like to avail of the 1-1 free styling service you receive instore. Joy herself joked with me saying the Vanilla team just 'love playing the grown-up's version of Dress Up' with their customers, showing them new stock to try on and helping them complete their head-to-toe looks. And that's exactly how I would describe my trip to Vanilla today, a fun evening playing dress up.  My love for independent boutiques was further sealed when Joy took Erin from me while I tried on clothing and pacified Erin walking her around the shop. Service doesn't get more personal and welcoming than that!

I fell in love with these real leather, crystal encrusted hightops exclusive to Vanilla for €140

See the full collection from Vanilla at the Boutique Show on Friday 3rd October at Mercedes-Benz MSL Fashion Week Cork. Tickets onsale from www.tickets.ie (nearly sold out so hurry!) or instore at Vanilla.
Follow Vanilla for daily style updates HERE

There were so many amazing accessories instore but this globe box bag with matching clutch inserted inside were my favourite. €120 for both. So cute! 
My favourite piece instore was this special order cape €180. So beautiful!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...