IRISH FASHAHOLIC

Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

22/09/2014

Hair Overhaul


Pregnancy wrecked havoc with my hair so this week I headed along to the hair stylists for Mercedes-Benz MSL Fashion Week Cork at Peter Mark for some serious hair help. On entering the Douglas Court salon I was immediately struck by the really cool new decor which was reminisant of a high end London salon straight out of a gorgeous Pinterest picture. Most impressively, they were open on a Sunday so no more missing a valuable day off on a Saturday getting your hair updated!

My stylist, Nicola Drummond, carried out the consultation, gave me great advice and did my colour, cut and blowdry right through. She advised I nourish my hair with a treatment that still has my hair feeling like silk- Kerastase Vita-Ciment and Concentre Oleo-Fusion, protein and a moisturizing treatments. I was almost asleep at the basin with the comfy massage chair and lovely warm towel Nicola placed under my neck for extra comfort. 

I was lucky enough to get a sneak preview of the hair for Fashion Week along with some great hair tips straight off the catwalks from NYFW & LFW. 

Ponytails are back and sleeker than ever with deep side partings and a fashionable twist from the norm:

My favourite ponytail is this pictured below, pinned in at the end of the bottom hairline.


Plaits are always chic from braids to fishbone and thicker structure plaits like this runway example:


The hottest new hair I loved from Perer Marks style tips was this look. Grown-up, sexy sleeked back hair but instead of pinning the ends up, they are left free and natural with a late 80s/90s inspiration. 


Bobs are longer with more movement:


Upstyles are whimsical, romantic and free:


I can't wait to pop back for some pampering to Peter Mark and try out their new Boho Blowdry (pictured below). It's all about healthy hair that looks soft and natural. And thanks to Nicola, I'm on the way to getting my hair back on track with my gorgeous new blonde tones and smart cut xo










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...