IRISH FASHAHOLIC

Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

04/09/2014

Stuck In A Fashion Funk?

Erin just turned 8 weeks old and I had the Mercedes-Benz MSL Fashion Week Cork  press launch last night so wanted some professional styling advice to help me choose an outfit to wear to the event. I am enjoying my new baby so haven't been in a rush to get back to the gym but none of my usual go-to clothes fit me post baby.

I found the best free styling service online and decided to give it a whirl.  I logged onto the Opera Lane website here http://operalane.com/personal-stylists/ and filled out the free styling booking form. Natasha got in touch to book a day and off we went for brunch last Saturday to Perry Street cafe to discuss my requirements before hitting the high street. Natasha immediately noticed my penchant post-baby for print leggings with elasticated waists and coined my obsession as a serious Fashion Funk that she was here to help me get out of. She brought me to my favourite stores Topshop and River Island (where I thought garments wouldn't fit me until I lost the baby weight) but as I waited in the dressing room at each shop, she brought in great items for me to try on that I would never have chosen for myself, pairing them up with full outfits and accessories so I had a head-to-toe stylish new look. It was a great morning playing dress up!
Natasha's Post Baby Style Tips:

Size tags...get over it!

I can be anywhere from a size 10 to a size 18 depending on where I shop. Often I will buy something thats a bigger size just to get that oversized look. Use the shop sizes as a guide but try on a couple of different sizes in store to get a feel for which one looks right. I've known people who won't buy something because it's a certain size but when was the last time someone quizzed you on what size dress you were wearing? One of the things I love about vintage is you have to try everything on because the sizes are so different to our standard sizings now. If its comfortable and fits you well then go for it regardless of the size.

End your fashion funk!


We're all guilty of getting into what I like to call a 'fashion funk'. You've found something that works for you but now everytime you hit the shops its the first thing you go for and you ignore all the other great styles out there.  For about a year all I seemed to buy was fur coats so I literally embodied the saying "all fur coat and no knickers". Your wardrobe needs a little diversity. If you're not sure about something try it on, bring it home and try and work it with at least three other things in your wardrobe.

I am so happy with the pieces Natasha introduced into my wardrobe to make it work. Such a great service...and FREE - thank you Opera Lane! Below is the monochrome Topshop outfit & necklace Natasha chose for me for the launch of Fashion Week. I was never so comfy at a glitzy function. And Natasha....much love for helping cure me of my Fashion Funk to get my style mojo back xo







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...