IRISH FASHAHOLIC

Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

16/01/2015

Silky Signature Blowdry


I arrived at Irish Award Winning Salon, Kopper Hair, literally hiding behind my camera as you can see. My hair was like a scarecrow's wig and I was in need of some serious hair TLC.  Pregnancy isn't kind to a woman's hair, I shed lots of hair after Erin's birth and my hair became weak and cracked. I heard about the Alfaparf Signature Blowdry and with no 'me' time these days to style my hair at home, I decided to give this frizz free blowdry treatment a go as it suits all hair types.


Stylist, Yvonne, met me on arrival for a consultation about ridding my locks of their yellow hues and turning my blonde shades into a more creamier look. She had me at hello!
While I enjoyed a cuppa without a baby crying out for me and read magazines to switch off, Yvonne set about putting in my new creamy colour.


Once the colour had taken and was shampooed out, I was sat back at the chair and Yvonne began the surprisingly quick (at only 30minutes) Signature Blowdry. She popped a protective visor over my eyes, which was a lovely touch. Although the treatment is 100% safe, has no scary parabens, sulphates or formaldehyde, I always seem to leave salons tasting strong products that are sprayed so heavily they make their way down to my face, so the visor was a great little touch to avoid that. And we had a good giggle at the cut of me with the visor on too!


Step one was a spray-in Moulding Fluid which removes any frizz, doesn't break sulphur bonds of the hair and improves the overall condition of your hair. This took only 10 minutes to spritz and brush through my hair. Then came Step 2, the Sealer which creates an incredible shine and softens the hair. This step seals the hair cuticle before it is dried. Step 3 was to seal the treatment in by running over the full dry head with a straighteners. Although my hair was sealed straight, I like a little wave in my hair, so Yvonne was able to gently curl the ends to my liking. The full treatment only took about 30 minutes and my hair will remain frizz free for up to 8 weeks, making my mop far more manageable on a day-to-day basis, which suits me with a demanding 6 month old baby. I will be returning for a top up and will report on how this has worked for my hair overall. On the way out, I invested in some sulphate free, formaldehyde free Alfaparf shampoo, conditioner and masks to ensure I maintain the blow dry and get the best out of it. I am so happy with how it turned out, I hope you like it too!



Thank you to U Magazine's Colourist of the Year Sabrina Hill for always educating me about new hair treatments to keep my tresses in the best possible condition. You can follow the Kopper team and get in touch with them on Facebook here. I boldly left some yummy muffins with the team, they were mini muffins, which made it totally acceptable to eat muffins in January. And I caught Martina and Sabrina below breaking their January fast ;-)


                                Visit Kopper Hair Salon here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...