IRISH FASHAHOLIC

Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

21/11/2015

A Fond Farewell

This week I said goodbye to my Uncle Sean. At the young age of 73 he passed away as he wished, at home, unexpectedly and without fuss. I was blessed enough to be able to call him a close friend the past decade. We shared regular shopping outings, trips to Allihies in West Cork for him to visit old friends and buy fish from the fish market in Castletownbere and in the end when his body was failing him, we just sat and chatted. The stories and advice he shared with me may have often washed over me but now that he has passed on, those little treasures of knowledge he gave me seem so golden. We had talked about the day he would pass, even planned it all so that nobody would have to worry about covering his arrangements. We shed a tear together that day, then shared a laugh about it. And I got to thank him for all he has done for me, for being such a special friend. And that I loved him. I feel privileged that I got to say that to him in person, in life. Sean O'Shea was a kind, strong willed, intelligent man who enjoyed a good chat, a good drink and lived for news about the busy lives of his nieces, nephews and their growing families. He loved when I would show him photos on Facebook of all our kids and what we were up to. He just wanted the best for us all and for everyone to get along. In the end he found it hard that his body slowed down before his mind did. He enjoyed meeting his neighbours for the local news and banter. Seeing his friends and neighbours shed tears at the funeral, talking so fondly about what he meant to them sealed for me that he was a special person that had a positive influence on more lives than mine. He taught me to cherish every day, to do what makes you happy and keep a cool head in all situations. How blessed we were to have him in all of our lives xo


1 comment:

  1. Fleshandhide

    Fashion Leather Jackets | Celebrity Leather Jackets | Sheep Leather Jackets are Available
    at Fleshandhide.com , leather jackets uk leather jackets usa quality leather jackets.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...